About The Flint Hills TEA Party
Who We AreThe Flint Hills TEA Party is a non-partisan, not-for-profit grassroots organization of individuals united by our core values derived from the Constitution of the United States of America, the Bill Of Rights, the Federalist Papers, and the Declaration of Independence. We are not in support of, or supported by, any political party. We will not be influenced by any special interest. We will accept nothing less than a government that operates under the strict limitations contained in our Constitution, which best serves and protects the liberty of its citizens.
Our MissionTo organize, educate, and inform our fellow citizens for the purpose of securing public policy consistent with our core values. We will exercise, through all legal means available to us, our power to influence public policies that are consistent with, and to effect the election of local, state and federal candidates who espouse our core values.
Our VISION: Restore our CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC
- Restoring the Values of our Founders
- Rediscovering our Founding Principles
- Recruiting & Supporting Constitutional Candidates - At all levels - federal, state, county, local & school boards
Our PHILOSOPHY: Government as stated by Thomas Jefferson
- National - Specified powers (National Defense, Foreign Affairs)
- State - Unspecified powers (Civil Rights, Rule of Law, Safety)
- Local - Unspecified powers (Local Concerns, Internal Interests)
Our Core Values
- Uphold the Constitution: The Flint Hills TEA Party core values are the same core values upon which the United States of America was founded, and are rooted in our belief in Devine Law. They derive from a firm belief in individual agency and the primacy of individual responsibility. We uphold and follow the original intent of the Constitution of the United States and the Bill of Rights.
- Free Markets: A free market is the economic consequence of personal liberty. The founders believed that personal and economic freedom were indivisible, as do we.
- Limited Government: Members of the Flint Hills TEA Party, regard the Constitution of the United States to be the supreme law of the land. We believe that it is possible to know the original intent of the government our founders set forth, and stand in support of that intent. Like the founders, we support states' rights for those powers not expressly stated in the Constitution. We support the personal liberty of the individual, within the rule of law.
- Fiscal Responsibility: Members of the Flint Hills TEA Party believe in limited government, designed to protect the blessings of individual liberties and the government must be fiscally responsible.
- Political Action: Members of the Flint Hills TEA Party, believe in political action to secure a government that is constitutionally limited. We actively oppose all government officials, elected or appointed, that violate their oath of office. To that end, we are committed to work with any party or group of individuals who are in support of our core values.
- Our Philosophy: Members of the Flint Hills TEA Party believe that social issues are best decided at the state and local levels as the Constitution intends. We recognize and support the strength of grassroots organizations powered by activism and civic responsibility at a local level. We hold that the United States of America is a Republic conceived by its architects, under divine guidance, as a nation whose people were granted "unalienable rights" by our Creator. Chief among these are the rights to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." The Flint Hills TEA Party stands with our Founding Fathers, as heirs to the Republic, to claim our rights and duties which preserve their legacy and our own. We hold, as did the Founders, that there exists an inherent benefit to our country when individual liberties, private property and prosperity are secured by the rule of law.